Sunday 27 October 2013

Circle Orboros Base Camp

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend. Legend faces to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."
Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

After a year of playing around with Mercenaries I have decided to return to painting up some Circle Orboros models and try and get some lists together for 2014. I have spent a while thinking about the project, Nick's approach to basing his cygnar in bulk before painting the army inspired my to try and get more consistency in my basing for the new project.

I knew I wanted to experiment with some winter bases but wanted something original so went back to the idea I had shortly before my last Circle Orboros army was stolen. This was using InstantMold and green stuff to create shaped rocks - covered in Circle Orboros patterns.

I am still working on these bases but thought I'd share some pictures of the process and the first bases through the process.

Cork, Sticks and Green Stuff.

Each base was built to match a specific model from the unit.

Painted bases with water effects and snow/ice.

Another painted base.


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this progress. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    Welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work bud :-) Glad my Cygnar basing got you back on the horse with the Circle, even if it means facing goat girl on a regular basis ;-)

    ReplyDelete